Cabrini Outreach Asylum Seeker Health Services Privacy Collection Notice
Cabrini Asylum Seeker and Refugee Health Hub – 503 Sydney Rd, Brunswick, VIC, 3056
Clinic Sihat Cabrini Outreach – c/o Primary Care Connect, 399 Wyndham St, Shepparton, VIC 3630.
Hume Whittlesea Pharmacy Waiver Program – c/o Whittlesea Community Connections, Shop 11 Epping Plaza, 583 High St, Epping, VIC, 3076.
Phone – (03) 8388 7874
Facts and circumstances of collection
Cabrini Outreach Ltd (Cabrini) collects personal information about you when you attend our clinics and health related services. We collect your personal information such as:
- Your name, address and contact details
- The name and contact details of your general practitioner (GP) or other treating health professionals
- Your health information
- Information on family members and emergency contacts.
Information is obtained from you, your referring doctor, your GP, legal services, community services, case managers, family members, carers or guardians. This information may be provided by a translator. Cabrini also collects CCTV footage in common areas for security.
Is collection of your personal information authorised by law?
The collection of your personal information is authorised by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles (APP), and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) and the Health Privacy Principles.
Purpose of collection
Cabrini collects personal and health information for the purpose of providing you with health and health related support services. This helps us to ensure that you receive the best possible care and treatment.
Consequences if your personal information isn’t collected
If we do not collect this information, this may have a negative effect on the care we are able to provide you and may mean that we cannot provide you with some or any health services.
Cabrini’s routine disclosures of your personal information
- To third party organisations that we partner with in providing you with health services.
- A letter may be sent to your GP or referring doctor.
- Cabrini may also provide information about your attendances to another hospital or health provider if it is required to assist with your ongoing care.
- Information about patients who have specific conditions and treatments is reported to the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services or other health organisations where legislated.
- Cabrini may also provide information in circumstances when authorised under law to disclose personal information.
Overseas transfer of personal information
Cabrini will not transfer health or other personal information about an individual across national borders unless the individual, guardian or a legally appointed representative has consented or the transfer is authorised or required by law.
Last updated: 08/08/2022